Up to £8.91 per hour
Scope and Purpose
Under the guidance of the Head Housekeeper, assists in the day to day duties of the Housekeeping Department. To provide a high standard of service and cleanliness within the housekeeping department.
Position in the Organisation
Reports to: Head Housekeeper
Accountable to: Hotel Operations Manager
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Co-operates and communicates with all team members
- Interacts with guests in a polite and professional manner
- Reports directly to the Head Housekeeper/Deputy Head Housekeeper or Supervisor on any issues.
- Servicing of bedrooms, to include: making beds and changing used linen, cleaning of all sanitary fitments, washing of all paintwork and windows internally, cleaning of all floor and wall tiles, cleaning of patios, cleaning and dusting of all furniture and surfaces, cleaning of all light fittings, sweeping and vacuuming. Removal of room service trays and glassware when required.
- Cleaning of the public areas, to include: Lounge areas, all public conveniences, including conference areas, lifts, removal of all soiled linen and towels to the laundry. Collection and replenishment of linen and supplies. Removal and disposal of rubbish to the appropriate area.
- Be responsible for the section keys and items within rooms from the beginning of the shift until the end of the shift.
- Report maintenance issues to the Reception/Housekeeping team
- Carries out thorough audit of items in each bedroom prior to signing it off as completed
- To work alone and as part of the team.
- Maintaining the standards set by the hotel.
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- May be required to increase workload or work additional hours/shifts to cover absences.
- Any other tasks required to provide and efficient and effective running department.
- Have a can do attitude.
Carryout tasks set by the Housekeeping management team. Working alongside your colleagues, help and support each other to complete your workload on time and as efficiently as possible.
- Good communication.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Professional manner when dealing with Customers and colleagues alike.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to manage various priorities at the same time.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Able to work in a team.