Food and Beverage Manager
£24,000.00 per year
Scope and Purpose
Under the guidance of the Hotel Manager, the Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Restaurant, Bars and Banqueting Service. They are line manager to all Food and Beverage Supervisors and Team Member.
Position in the Organisation
Reports to: Hotel Manager
Department: Food and Beverage.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
The Food and Beverage Manager will provide a first class service to hotel guests through an operationally effective F&B department. They will implement and maintain efficient and high-quality service procedures and train and develop the Food and Beverage team to carry these out.
They will develop sales lead culture within the department, maximising incremental revenue at every opportunity.
They will assist the Hotel Manager in controlling wage costs and costs of sale by ensuring the constant productivity of the team on duty as well as ensuring that procedures in place to control costs of sale are adhered to.
The Food and Beverage Manager is to
- Maintain a high degree of professional knowledge and ensure industry best across the department.
- Lead restaurant, bar and banqueting service from the front aiming to always exceed guest expectations.
- Manage the performance and conduct of all Food and Beverage team members with the guidance and support of the Hotel Manager
- Manage upkeep, cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment within the department including Point of Sales (POS), draft, cleaning and other associated systems.
- Manage beverage inventory including the maintenance of correct Par levels in all bars and cellars.
- They will ensure that ‘back of house’ areas of Food and Beverage are kept to an excellent standard of cleanliness and organisation.
- Ensure that all ‘front of house’ areas are always immaculately presented to hotel guests. Design and implement front and back of house cleaning schedules.
- Conduct routine inventory checks with the Stock Taker. Liaise with both the Stock Taker and Financial Controller to analyse wastage, Cost of Sales, revenue and Gross Profit margins.
- Manage and deliver all staff training in the food and beverage department, including but not limited to health and safety awareness, service delivery and etiquette, shift opening and closing procedures, operating all equipment including electronic point of sale and cellar management.
- Manage Health & Safety in the department in line with company policy and procedure.
Expected start date: 17/05/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00 per year