Deputy Head Housekeeper
£20,000.00 per year
Scope and Purpose
Under the guidance of the Head Housekeeper, assists in the day to day running of the Housekeeping Department. Ensures maximum standard of delivery of room and public areas cleanliness Takes ownership of the department in the absence of the Head Housekeeper.
Position in the Organisation
Reports to: Head Housekeeper
Accountable to: Hotel Operations Manager
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Co-operates and communicates with all staff /managers at all times.
- Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel, i.e. suppliers.
- Reports directly to the Head Housekeeper on all issues affecting the department.
- Supervises the activities of all staff within the housekeeping department in order to ensure efficient and effective working practices.
- In the absence of the Head Housekeeper produce rotas inline with budgeted figures
- Monitors and evaluates the bedrooms and public areas with the use of a checklist.
- Provides back up and support for the Head Housekeeper at all times.
- Assists with the training of the team.
- Attends courses and training sessions when required
- Completes daily work schedule/job list
- Conducts effective working relationships
- Ensures the team are reporting maintenance/room issues to the Head Housekeeper
- Motivates fellow team members
- Ensures that all staff adhere to the rules and regulations set by the hotel
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt timetable to cope with the changing needs of the business/department.
- Stock control.
- Any other tasks required to provide and efficient and effective running department.
- Have a can do attitude.
Train, mentor and support the Housekeeping team in their daily duties. Inspect all rooms prior to guest arrival inspecting hard to reach areas. Preform Duty Manager requirements when required.
- Good communication.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Professional manner when dealing with Customers and colleagues alike.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to manage various priorities at the same time.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Able to work in a team.