Chef De Partie
£22,000.00 per year
Scope and Purpose
The Chef De Partie is responsible for maintaining the quality and delivery of all food served to hotel guests. They act as a supervisor to the junior members of the kitchen brigade.
They are responsible for implementing and maintaining the required standard of department Health & Safety guidelines and are responsible for Food Safety across the hotel.
Position in the Organisation
Reports to: Head Chef
Accountable to: Senior Chef
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your section
- To effectively manage the section you are assigned to
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Actively participate in menu development, planning and production
- Check, record and report temperatures of fridges and freezers in line with SOP
- To maintain a clean safe working environment.
- Be meticulous with date labelling for food in fridges
- Oversee Kitchen porters ensuring hygiene practice is adhered to.
- To understand and observe all Health & Safety regulations, COSHH HACCP, Food Safety and Safety at work act while on company premises
- Must be willing to undertake any reasonable requests made of them by the company including flexibility in hours and responsibility.
- Ensure that food is produced for guests in a timely manner and that the quality of food served is always of an excellent standard
- To effectively communicate with other members of the team by means of handover lists and assist by stock orders to Senior Chefs.
- Good communication.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Professional manner when dealing with Customers and colleagues alike.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to manage various priorities at the same time.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Able to work in a team.